Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Assignment 2 : Individual Online Listening and Writing....(NATRAH)


Hello my close friend…have a nice day
Today I would like to share with you all about my experience…

Task 1

After a few day, I was try to log on and go to the section up to date Prof. David Crystal’s website. I see many topic on the left and I choose one topic. It is ‘in your dreams’. The topic is about dreams , it is being unrealistic, very optimistic and very hopeful. The topic is nice and sound is clear but I don’t understand what Prof David said about topic because he speak very fast and I not having time to write any new word. But, the tapescript was helped me. I listen again and see tapescript, and then I understand. However, there was three vocabulary which I can’t understand. It are :-

Circumstances
Muttering
Expectations

Task 2

After I listen one topic about ‘dream’, I choose another topic on the Learning English page. The topic is ‘Phat’. Phat means is pretty, hot and tempting. The phat difference with ‘fat’. Fat to people, animal and things. First time I listen, I can’t understand about topic because Prof. David Crystal speak very fast, the word is difficult and I can’t write any new vocabulary. But I don’t give up, I try to listen again and again and see tapescript, finally I understand about topic and yes…I got five new word, it are :-

Hip-hop slang
Tempting
Homophony
Ambiguous
Encounter

That all my experience about listening two topic in Prof. David Crystal’s Website. It is very interesting and important to me because I can learn about pronounciation, intonation and so on.

No comments: