Sunday, June 24, 2007

From Wan
ASSIGNMENT 1 : Writing a Self Assessment Essay.

Thanks a lot to Madam Halizah Binti Omar, my class teacher in Foundation BI set 14 because she always help me to improve my English wetheir in my class or out of my class.She always create a interesting activities to make my class always life and interesting.
About my English skill and performance, I’ll desperate between before and after I take Foundation English class.

Before
Since Primary school until secondary school about 11 years I was learned English, but my English still not good.I can’t speak English and fearful to speak English.I always feel like that.It’s happen until I further my studies at UKM. I met many people from many descent like Arabian, Syirian, American, Pakistan and another country.I always want to speak and talking with them to get a friendship, but I’m afraid because i’m not very well in English language.

After
Since 14 Mei 2007 my first class in Foundation English, I’m still afraid and fearfull.Because this is English class that whoever in this class must speak English.After 6 weeks learned English with my beloved teacher, Madam Halizah, I think my English was improved.Now I feel more assured to speak English and believe or not, now i have a friend from Pakistan.He studying in PHD in Curikulum at Faculty Of Education in UKM and I using English language while I talking with him. It’s meaning, my skill and performance in English much better than before.But it’s not mean i will stop my English learning, reading, speaking, writing but I must to get along with my English learning.It because I think, I can improve my English because in my English class, my teacher Madam Halizah always give me a ways to improve my English like reading, writing, listening, speaking.She always said, “read!!read more books…..and you must speak English and brave to make a mistake. Ho ho ho….”

About Module
All students whose take Foundation English was given Module Book ZH2014 as a guider in learning class and teachers used the same book too.In a module have a lot of activities and both of them are interesting like reading, vocabulary, speaking, and others.So that why I’m interested to learning English.At the same time my teacher Madam Halizah always make my class fun because she’s so funny.So that why my class both of us in my class always laugh we learning English with a good mood and happy.Amongst activities is like presentation, discussion, reading, speaking and acting to make a drama.
Both of activities that we do, can make me improve my English.

1 comment:

halizah's world said...

Dear Wan,

I'm grateful and impressed that you feel that way about our English.Yes, surely you have improved alot especially in terms of your confidence level. That's why you can communicate with the foreigners and be friends with them. That's good news! I've some Arab friends too and they are not only warm and loving, but brilliant!Well....I'm glad you've enjoyed our class. Actually, there are a lot more that I feel that I should cover, but I hope it has opened your heart and mind about the need to improve ourselves, so that we are better equipped with the language to be a good and versatile (insan kamil)muslim.... may god bless you!!