Friday, June 15, 2007

Assignment 2

Assalamualaikum.......
How are you Pn halizah and all of my friends..
TASK 1

I heard Prof David Crystal about 'In your dreams'. I not really understand what it is about. First i listen, i cannot understand what he talk about, i listen many times and i can understand a little bit what he said but i still not understand the whole story, what it is about until i read the tapescript.
He said, in your dreams someone become unrealistic, very optimistic,and very hopeful. It mixed 2 senses of the word "dream"
= what happen when you're asleep
= the sense of day dream

New Vocabulary
  • reverie
  • muttering

even i didn't know the meaning but i can guess refer to the whole sentences and the explaination.

TASK 2

I choose the topic "Bling". This topic is same like others topic. I'm not understand what it is about until i read the tapescript. The language that he use is simple, just a few word that i can't undestand but i can guess the meaning and follow the way that madam teach us before. The word 'bling' used to describe diamonds and jewelery and all kinds of showy clothing. It dictionaries by 2002 and used in different country. Also has a song "Bling Bling"

New vocabulary

  • accountriements
  • reduplication
  • glistening

-HALIMATUL SAADIAH HASHIM-

No comments: