(*_*) Assalamualaikum.. my lovely teacher..Madam halizah and frenz.I truly hope u all became better than yesterday. i'm really SORRY because very late to submit my assigntment..I hope you not angry to me.
TASK 1
I had got something different experience for listening and reading about a short story.."IN YOUR DREAM" ."In your dream" meant someone is being unrealistic, very optimistic, very hopeful.It mixes two senses of the word 'dream':
1) what happens when you're asleep
2) the sense of day dream or reverie (it's a very general use).
>Actually, I can't listened very well about this story without read the tapescript first,it's so difficult because its used different slang and read too fast than us.
>Afterthat,i'm read the tapescript and at the same time i'm listened the video too, i knows what it's story about and got more new vocabulary information from this story. If you want to knows all of the story, you can log on the internet.In this websites,they have a lot of nice story and it's so very good for us.
VOCABULARY (check it out!!!)
1] reverie - a state of thinking about pleasant things (lamunan /angan-angan)
2] muttering - complaints that you express privately rather than openly ( bersungut/mengomel )
TASK 2
“BLING”
* It’s used to describe diamonds and jewellery and all kinds of showy clothing, accoutrements.
* It became nationally known in the USA when the someone of artist made a hit hip-hop song called 'Bling Bling' and it was more usually used without the reduplication.
* It’s also became symbolic character of the word - glistening light reflected by metal.
* There's a website, 'Think Bling!' defining it as 'anything shiny and worth a good amount of money'.
* But the word's takeover by the middle-classes has made it worthless to the rapping community.
>This story also used more new vocabulary and it’s easy to learned than the first story “ In your dream”.
> I ‘ve got more new information from this listening and tapescript.
> Although, I should listened the audio for a long times, i can try to learned something as soon as possible..Insya ALLAH..
VOCABULARY :
1) Accoutrements – pieces of equipment that you need for a particular activity.
2) Reduplication – to make a copy sth in order to form another of same kind
3) Glistening – to shine
4) Broaden – to become wider
Hopefully, we get a lot of new information n knowledges on this lesson.May ALLAH bless us =)
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've read your work dear. I'm sure you've gained a lot of knowledge...Good work. Keep it up dear girl!
Post a Comment